Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Fierce Reads Tour










Tuesday I had the distinct pleasure of meeting four of the most amazing authors: Leigh Bardugo, Josephine Angelini, Leila Sales, and Emma Mills. They were amazing, witty, funny, and gave great advice to aspiring authors. Now, I had the opportunity to see it all, the bloggers who were interviewing the authors, the authors arriving, them leaving, them pretty much doing everything....and no it's not because I arrived at the bookstore three hours early.....arriving early was only a bonus. From the very beginning it was a retelling of favorite Harry Potter moments, the writing, rewriting, editing and selling of their novels, and who had the youngest age to be rejected by a publisher.

They were immensely entertaining and showed great skill as wordsmiths. In their advice to aspiring authors, they mentioned to never give up on writing. To quote Leigh Bardugo "When people say impossible they usually mean improbable." How very true this is!

They patiently signed books, and showed an insane amount of enthusiasm at meeting their fans. I have to admit I was the first one to be in the line for Leigh Bardugo, as I was crying and could only see far enough to run there, put all my books down and stutteringly ask if she could sign the four books I had, among numerous posters. But that does not mean that the other authors disappointed. Josephine Angelini was incredible, and gave some encouraging words and gave me inspiration to pick up the pen and start writing again. Can't wait to meet them again!





No comments:

Post a Comment