Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Thanksgiving and reasons I'm thankful
















The Thanksgiving season is right around the corner, and while we're rushing to get last minute plane tickets, and thinking of all the things on our to-do list before the family comes to town, we must also be thinking of the things that will be going on our thankful lists.


I for one am thankful for amazing family and friends, and the opportunity to help others in this season of giving.  But I am also thankful for my books.

Books have been the one constant in my life, and for that I'm truly thankful. While I am thankful for all books, here are my list of top contenders:

1.













This book is one of the most amazing books I've ever read. Who gets sick of mermaids? And Toraf and Galen.....LOVE them!



2.












Who doesn't love the story of Allie and Noah? A true classic by my favorite storyteller.

3.













John Steinbeck has the talent of a master. His classic novel about the struggle in the Great Depression is hard hitting, and truly emotional.



4.













My favorite childhood series growing up. I was, and always will be a potterhead. I love this series, and always wanted to be sorted into my house. I fancy myself a Gryffindor.....


5.












I have cherished this little novel ever since I read it in a mother/daughter book club in elementary school. This is one I have put away for when I have little ones, it was that prolific.






Yes my list is short. Yes I could go on and on and on with all the books I am thankful for. But I am most thankful for the opportunity to be able to read all of these books, so I am most thankful for my mother, for teaching me to read.

What is on your thanksgiving lists?

No comments:

Post a Comment