Sunday, May 29, 2016

Rory Gilmore and the Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge




For those who know the show, Rory GIlmore was the girl we all wanted to be. With a fabulous mom and a book always under her hand, along with the Yale education, she was the girl who had it all. Now a few years ago, there came this challenge to read every book mentioned and read in Gilmore Girls.  Labeled the Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge, many diehard fans took to the library to undertake the momentous task of reading over 300 books.

I think this is great for two reasons. One the books were finally categorized into a list and I could use that for my next reading material, and two, it got people to read the classics that they may not have read otherwise.


I myself am interested to read every book on her list, and my goal is to do it before the revival comes out on Netflix. Now this is a lengthy task but i think I can do it, barring it coming out next week.

Along the way I will post my thoughts and reviews of the books, and whether it should or shouldn't have been placed on the list. Some of the books will be rereads and some will be ones I have opened for the first time.

Lets see how many I can do!

First off- The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath

No comments:

Post a Comment